[squid-users] Squid and local firewal

From: Federico <egopfe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:58:22 +0100

I think that's an important documentation that must be update with a simple paragraph.
It's as stupid as the potential problem it can create to the cache administrator.

The problem appears when I install a firewall on the local machine... infact the firewall must accept connection from localhost to localhost to permit squid to work properly.
I know... it's a very very stupid thing... but i've had a simple problem... and i've been 2 hour to understood where the problem was... I was starting squid before starting firewalling rules... so the cache was been started and worked properly since I gave a reconfigure or a restart... where the squid cannot connect to localhost anymore... so no log error, squid starts... but no one is served by the cache....

People... do you think that is useful to insert two lines in the user guide ?

Cheers, Federico