[squid-users] Need help with authentication

From: <ChrisHoover@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:00:35 -0500

I am needing some help getting pam_auth to work with squid (I know that
this has to be a faq type problem, but I'm havin problems finding the
answer). I have setup pam_auth in the squid.conf and made it to be suid
root, but everytime I try to authenticate on my web browser, it does not
let me out. Can someone please help me get this setup and explain what I
have done wrong?

   Here is my squid.conf file:
debug_options ALL,1
authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth
authenticate_children 5
authenticate_ttl 3600
authenticate_ip_ttl 3600
refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440
 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0%
 1440
refresh_pattern . 0 20%
4320
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
icp_access allow all
miss_access allow all
proxy_auth_realm My Company Internet Gateway
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid
acl localnetwork proxy_auth 10.1.7.0/24
acl localusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access deny !localnetwork
http_access allow localusers
http_access allow localnetwork
http_access deny all
--------
As you can see, it is very plain jane while we work on the setup on my test
system. Squid is running on RH7.1 with dansguardian installed (and
working).

Thanks for any help,

Chris