[squid-users] 2 questions about refreshing cache

From: Nikolai Vladychevski <niko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:59:02 GMT

Hi,

I have been using squid 2.4 for a while and I noted that if I type an url (
http://www.somesite.com) and there is no connection to the internet squid
fails to retrive the page (obviously). But, when I connect to the internet
and type the url again, squid keeps reporting that the domain somesite.com
is unaccessible. Squid caches this and I have to restart it, so it can make
a dns lookup and access the site. This is a little bit annoying, is there a
way to configure squid that it will always do a lookup no matter how many
failures before where on the particular domain?

Question 2.
How can force squid to refresh an a webpage stored in the cache doing it
from the browser, for example, if I would add "()" to the end in the URL:

  http://www.squid-cache.org()

it would fetch all objects from the source and update cache.... ? I would
use it if I know the source has changed and I want to update cache quickly.

Thanks
Nikolai