Re: [squid-users] FreeBSD :Diskd ? (WAS: Compile Crash)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:17:39 +0100

diskd and aufs serves the same purpose, making disk I/O nonblocking allowing
Squid to chew along doing other tasks while waiting for a disk operation to
complete.

What you need to change between the ufs/aufs/diskd types is
a) To have Squid compiled with support for the I/O model you want to use
b) Change your cache_dir line to use the I/O model you want to use