[squid-users] large squid setups

From: Dcad <dcad123@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:45:45 +0530

Hi all,
I am using squid for less than 10 machines. My linux box is running squid
and I tell all the other clients to give proxy as 192.168.0.1 in their IE
and Netscape etc. But just as a curiosity, if I were to manage a big domain
with hundreds of computers or maybe an ISP how are these things done? It is
not possible to tell all the users to set the settings in their browsers?
Any one has implemented this idea?
One more thing, if I have to implement squid in a cybercafe which has about
10-15 machines and the owner is charged for each MB of download, how much
bandwidth can be saved using squid?
Thanks and bye.
-Shant-z