Re: [squid-users] Response with HTTP/1.0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:05:55 +0100

Squid is not yet HTTP/1.1 compliant, and thus MUST downgrade requests and
replies to HTTP/1.0. If it does not then HTTP/1.1 clients and servers will
break when trying to use some of the new features of HTTP/1.1 Squid cannot
yet support such as chunked transfer encoding.

Squid however understands about persistent connection management using the
"Connection: Keep-alive" header, and most of the HTTP/1.1 headers.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB

On Thursday 20 December 2001 12.11, Pachinko Lin wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> How can I enforce the response from Squid to be HTTP/1.1?
> Our browser sends an HTTP/1.1 request through Squid to
> a server that supports HTTP/1.1, but Squid returns an HTTP/1.0
> response. We want to avoid this for benchmark reason. Would
> anyone please tell us how to solve the problem? Thank you.

available on request