Re: [squid-users] Need help with authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:01:02 +0100

Looks good. Tested and works fine on my RedHat 7.2 system.

Try to run pam_auth manually. As all Squid authenticators it expects the
username and password as input and will return with OK or ERR.

% /usr/local/squid/libexec/pam_auth
chris secretpassword
OK

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB

On Thursday 20 December 2001 15.02, ChrisHoover@safety-kleen.com wrote:
> I believe I have. I have added a file called squid into the /etc/pam.d
> directory. The file contains:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
> account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
>

> Is there something else I need to do (I just did a reboot this morning to
> make sure everything was properly loaded, and it still does not work).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com> on 12/19/2001 05:19:20 PM
>
> To: ChrisHoover@safety-kleen.com, squid-users@squid-cache.org
> cc:
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Need help with authentication
>
> On Wednesday 19 December 2001 21.00, ChrisHoover@safety-kleen.com wrote:
> > I am needing some help getting pam_auth to work with squid (I know that
> > this has to be a faq type problem, but I'm havin problems finding the
> > answer). I have setup pam_auth in the squid.conf and made it to be suid
> > root, but everytime I try to authenticate on my web browser, it does not
> > let me out. Can someone please help me get this setup and explain what I
> > have done wrong?
>
> Have you configured the "squid" PAM Service?

available on request