Re: [squid-users] Squid Lost Performance

From: Hederson <hederson.ramos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:19:23 -0200
Hi Henrik,

    The server have 1Gb of RAM and 2 x 400 Ultra Sparc II processors. I use 256 Mb of cache_mem.

Thanks,

Best Regards
Hederson Velasco Ramos
Technology Consultant, Corporate Network
Ericsson Global IT Services
Regional Operation Center South America
Phone: + 55 11 6224-5224
E-mail: hederson.ramos@edb.ericsson.se

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
How much memory do your Squid machine have?

The more populated the disk cache is, the more memory Squid uses. See
"General Runtime Information".

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB

Hederson wrote:
Hi all,

I have two squid boxes (Sun Solaris 8 + squid 2.4 ST3), with two
cache dir of 8700Gb each server. The problem is when the cache dir
reaches 30% (of two cache dir) of capacity the access to Internet stay
slow, if I reacreate the caches then the performance is increased.
Have anyone an idea what I can do solve this problem ?