Re: [squid-users] Caching and tracking or 2-level cache rule?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:08:55 -0600

Our clients who need per-page tracking (and most commercial tracking
systems) use a single pixel transparent image with a no-cache header on
every page. It's easily inserted into the pages, and it works
throughout the entire chain of the request, including caching proxies at
the clients ISP and in the client browser cache.

If Squid handled the extra request for each page, you will only get
pages that are served by Squid--and miss browser cache hits, and pages
cached at the ISP. I think you would probably prefer to catch every
hit. And it doesn't require hacking Squid.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com