[squid-users] Caching and tracking or 2-level cache rule?

From: Ulf Wendel <uw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:13:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to use a reverse proxy without loosing
full (session-based) user tracking performed by standard CGI (PHP)
scripts. What I want to do is this:

1.) Request URL/SID/somepage.php

2.) Squid

 2.1.) If URL/somepage.php is cached return cached page _and_
 2.2.) request URL/tracker.php?sid=SID&page=somepage.php

Every request to the webserver that matches a certain pattern is served
by the reverse proxy (2.1) and causes the reverse proxy to request a
certain page on a (dedicated) tracking server.

I know I should be able to do this with the Apache. But I'm just curious
if there's a way to do this with the squid as well? Can I do so using
the config file? Can it be done using a hook into the squid (C-module)?

Thanks!

Ulf