Re: [squid-users] simple question about how far and fast squid fetch the object

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:14:29 +0100

Squid is throttled by the client speed.

Small objects that fit in the TCP windows, socket buffers and internal
buffers (total about 50-128KB depending on the OS) are fetched quicker.

The delay_pools feature of Squid can be used to further throttle the download
speed of Squid.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer
MARA Systems AB, Sweden

On Friday 28 December 2001 00.37, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> I looked at many pages for hours now including the mailing list archives
> but can't find a clear answer to the question in my mind.
>
> some information about the question:
> the clients have 64kbit physical bandwidth(ISDN line)
> and the server has 1mbit connection.
>
> actual question:
> when a client requests a file, does the squid request the file using the
> whole bandwidth and finish the fetching as fast as possible
> or
> it fetches the file as fast as the client can accept? In other words, as
> fast as the data sent to the client is acknowledged.
>
> Evren

available on request