Re: [squid-users] PAM authentication problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:19:22 +0100

1. You must configure the "squid" PAM service in /etc/pam.d/ or
/etc/pam.conf. If you are not familiar with PAM configuration then copying a
suitable existing definition for some other service like "login" or "telnet"
usually works.. Squid pam_auth only makes use of the "auth" and "account"
management groups.

2. If your system uses shadow passwords (most do) then pam_auth must be
running setuserid root.

   chown root pam_auth
   chmod u+s pam_auth

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Author of Squid pam_auth
MARA Systems AB, Sweden

On Friday 28 December 2001 00.17, Stefano Borali wrote:
> What should I need to authenticate users having access to my squid-cache
> using PAM and my passwd file ? I have compiled the squid and pam_auth
> program.
>
> what I should do to activate authentication ?
>
> thanks
>
> Stefano

available on request