[squid-users] tuning question

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:29:56 +0100

Hi all,

I am tuning my squid configuration and trying to boost performance. However
it does not seem to help anything.
I read all tuning tips from the mailing list, manual, ... but I do not seem
to boost up my HTTP hits.
I have my box installed with 11Gb cache, my box a Netserver LP1000r with
PIII850MHz and 1GB memory (squid using 192Mb), ReiserFS installed. I have
almost no collisions (about 5%). It's being used as parent for about 1200
users. Yesterday I installed squid2.5PRE1 and I put TCP MSL on 30, I had
HTTP requests per minute of 160. This morning again I only seem to get about
40 with 220 users logged on.
Does anyone have a few tips, what to look for and how to boost up for more
performance?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks! Nice end of the year and a happy and prosperous New Year to you
all!

BR,
./koen