RE: [squid-users] tuning question

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:48:08 +0100

Hi Joe,

Thanks for replying.
I just installed exactly the same configuration (without reiserfs and redhat
6.2 in stead of v7.1) on our finnish proxyserver using another ISP to go to
the Internet. I got on that box with 100 users connected now about 700 HTTP
requests a minute. I assume it must be our connection (although I checked
for collisions and possible TCP errors (bandwith is the same)).
I assume it is ISP related and not kernel or reiserfs, what do you think?
My proxy is wired to a catalyst 29xx (100Mbit) and then to the router of our
ISP togo to the Internet. There is a firewall in between. Do you have any
idea what would be a real test to check if it is due to the ISP and how I
would be able to prove performance is not as it should be?

BR,
./koen