[squid-users] Squid 2.4 trying to speed up..

From: Tig Kerkman <tig@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Dec 2001 14:46:37 -0600

I am attempting to use squid2.4Stable over apache1.3.22 for proxy only.

The problem I am having is that squid is much slower in response than
apache. From everything I am reading the is should not be true.

I have setup squid to be cache_dir null/null so that I is not cacheing
anything to be as close to a setup as apache, but squid response is
dogging compared to apache.

For example I can load pepsi.com 3X faster using apache for proxy than
squid.

Where should I be looking to improve the performance so that it can be
comparable to apache.

All suggestions comments welcome.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

--