[squid-users] one peculiar problem of time out !!

From: Arindam Haldar <arindamh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 01:14:04 -0500

hi all
A Very Happy New To U All
few days back, & since then, im facing a peculair problem that i havent with squid--at least i dont remember any !!
it started on 31st morning... v have a few squid in our network, all configured as transparent squid(conf file bellow), with one parent(Cobalt) & others as siblings... this conf is working ok for more than 3 months now b4 which the squid has no sibling or parent configured !
the problem is only with yahoo login sites like-->yahoomail, my yahoo etc.... the message comes--->connection timeout !
v immediately tried to do with a pc direct to net & saw no problem with yahoo sites--AT ALL !
i tried to look into the syslog files with nothing inappropriate there...
i say the problem is peculiar becoz it happened only with 2 squid servers of a total of 5 !!!!
am sending here my conf files & proc settings...
the system is RH7.2--updated to latest with up2date command & having pentiumIII-550Mhz with 20Gb & 512MB ram..
If anyone can guide me on what could be the problem i would be really thankfull to u.
thanx to u all in advance
arindam haldar