[squid-users] Squid 2.4 -> with Suse 7.3 ->

From: Mueller, Thomas <Thomas.Mueller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:47:01 +0100

Dear list,

maybe off-topic - I hope anyone can answer me this.
The SuSE Linux Distributions are always shipping with an RPM package of
Squid Proxy.
But it's normally an old version.

I want to use always the newest version to test and the old one which ships
with the package for production.

Is it possible to download an compile the extracted archive under SuSE
Linux?
I tried this once but I don't get it to start after compiling. Is there any
FAQ which can help me
or any other documentation.
I'm new to this, so maybe a "newbie doc" would be best :-)

I'm happy for any hint / help on this.

Thanks in Advance
Tom