Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.4 -> with Suse 7.3 ->

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 05:44:32 +0000 (GMT)

Thomas, I also use SuSE, and I use their prepackaged
Squid RPMs.. i spoke to them about this, and the
reckon Squid is a very complex and tough package, that
they need to test and ship one that they are sure has
been around long enough to go through all the various
tests and all... in this case, this would be Squid
2.3, as Squid 2.4 is a little newer... for SuSE,
shipping a thoroughly-said-to-be stable package is
better than shipping a newer one, after all the
tests.. my guess is Squid 2.4 may ship with SuSE 7.4
or 7.5..

good luck

AKNIT