[squid-users] cache size and one other problem

From: Brian Møller <n97bm001@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:16:27 +0100

Hey there

I'm having squid 2.4.stable2 running under Redhat Linux 7.2 on a Dual P3 1
Ghz with 3 gb Ram.

In squid.conf i have currently set squid to use 700 mb om memory. Before
that it was running with 900 mb and it startet to swap. How come ? what I
have read and understod squid is only supposed to use 2 to 3 times what you
set it to in squid.conf.

Another thing that I'm not 100% complete sure belongs here but here goes:
When i start top from the commandline it tells me that i has used almost 2gb
of memory for cache. Is this squid that uses so much in the background or is
it linux that fucks up ?

Thanks for at really good help. Also when I do not need it (optimizing and
stuff :) )

Yours

Brian