[squid-users] pam_auth and smb pam modules on Solaris

From: Peter Arnold <arnoldpj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:45:49 +1000

Hi,
Has anyone had any luck getting pam_auth to work with either pam_smb or
pam_winbind? I've managed to get pam_auth to work with the native
solaris pam_unix module but when I transpose either pam_smb or
pam_winbind into the config (in place of pam_unix), authentication
fails.

I know pam_smb works as I can authenticate a login ok and I'm reasonable
sure pam_winbind is working as when I send a wrong username and password
, debug shows that it is denied. A right username and password gives no
such denied message BUT pam_auth still denies it.

Any help appreciated.

--
Peter Arnold