Re: [squid-users] Optimum Configuration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:33:15 +0100

Total overkill for such a slow connection. Any tunings you make are very
unlikely to make any difference in performance.

You should be using at least a 1 GB of cache. Above 3 GB any further
additions of cache is not likely to give any measureable returns in hit
ratio at all on such small link. This is assuming your users are frequent
surfers and your link is fully utilized by only surfing on average 10
hours per day 7 days a week. If your users surf less, then less cache is
required.

Regards
Henrik Norström

On Monday 07 January 2002 22.47, Greg Darby wrote:

> I have a Pentium III 1Ghz machine with 1GB memory and a 20GB Hard Drive
> running Squid 2.3 ST5. We have about 45 users on a 128K Internet
> connection.
>
> Can anyone suggest the best configuration for the following,
>
> cache_mem
> cache_dir
>
> Thanking you in advance...

available on request