Re: [squid-users] disk usage question

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:32:58 -0600

Arindam Haldar wrote:

> hi all
> its i believe a basic questin about disk usage.
> on my RH7.2 today i checked that the disk usage is > 90%.. the speed on
> this 1mb link went unsually slow(infact hapenning since 3 days).. unable
> to think of anything i deleted all files--> rm -R * in the
> /var/spool/squid directory...& u guess what---right--the link were
> restored back to normal !--WHATs that u may ask but this is my
> observation...
> the squid is transparent..
> so my ques is how can i take care of this in future? the policies are
> cache replacemnt policy is heap LFUDA
> cache swap low is 85
> cache swap high is 85

The disk utilization may be a red herring. If your cache is full, that
means
that your memory usage is also at its highest - check that it isn't
swapping
when the cache refills.

Squid paging and swapping is one of the best ways to get bad response
times.

--
Jon Kay        pushcache.com                      jkay@pushcache.com
http://www.pushcache.com/                             (512) 420-9025