Re: [squid-users] webaxe with squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:29:41 +0100

You most likely do not want "httpd_accel_host virtual".

Correct use of this directive generally requires either that Squid is
transparently intercepting the traffic on the servers real IP addresses,
or that you use a redirector helper.

In most accelerator setups with virtual hosts, httpd_accel_host should be
set to the primary domainname you are providing.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 08.40, shadha wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> To test squid in web accelerator mode, I'm using webaxe-3 tool. I'm
> configuring Squid as follows,
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_single_host on
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
>
> My problem is , I've created two aliases for polyserver . So not able
> to use host ipaddress . So I'm using 'virtual' as above specified .
>
> I want to confirm is this configuration is ok in squid.conf(specially
> 'httpd_accel_host' line ) and alsoWhat happened if we run test without
> 1st line ?

available on request