RE: [squid-users] push advertisement

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:45:10 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Peter Kassies wrote:

> Since I am not requesting, I doubt very much you can push it to
> me. My browser wouldn't know what to do with it.

A proxy can (technically) push virtually anything by altering the
response. In most cases, your browser does not know or care what the
unmodified response looks like. As an extreme example, a proxy can
serve you sex.com when you request ptt-post.nl.

Whether it is polite/legal to do depends on the environment.

Alex.