Re: [squid-users] HTTPS CONNECT issue

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:55:29 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Cooper" <joe@swelltech.com>

> Robert missed the bit of your first post about transparent redirection
> (or he mentally blocked it out, as interception proxying gives him
fits
> ;-). You cannot transparently redirect SSL packets to Squid--it
doesn't
> know what to do with them. It will not work.

Ah yes, so I did. Whoops. Got those rose coloured glasses on again...
Joe's absolutely correct here, you can not, and must not intercept SSL
sessions. If your firewall won't allow them through without them being
proxied, then don't use interception. In point of fact, don't use
interception anyway :}.

Rob