[squid-users] newbie question squid.conf

From: Eric <swive@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:07:11 -0800

Hi,

To configure squid.conf for my network, I'm following the instructions at
http://www1.securityfocus.com/frames/?focus=linux&content=/focus/linux/artic
les/secureproxy.html

I am having trouble with squid.conf because I don't know which of my IP
addresses goes under the acl section of squid.conf. The instructions I am
following require me to add the following line:

" acl localweb src MY.HOME.IP.ADDRESS/255.255.255.255 "

to the part of squid.conf where other ACLs are located, replacing the
MY.HOME.IP.ADDRESS with "the actual IP address."

Trouble is, I have several and I don't know which IP address to use because
I have several public and two private. Here is my network.

[HOST_D
(win: 10.0.0.1/8)]--------HOST_C (redhat squid:
10.0.0.2/8)------[HUB]------------[linux router: HOST_B_(10.0.0.3/8 AND
192.168.0.2/24)