[squid-users] Persistent connections

From: <philip.wolfe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:46:47 +1100

I know Squid is compliant with persistent connections, however, our Squid
servers seem to be closing the connection much faster than the
configuration.

This is the request timeout and pconn setting:

# TAG: request_timeout
# How long to wait for an HTTP request after connection
# establishment. For persistent connections, wait this long
# after the previous request completes.
#
#request_timeout 30 seconds

# TAG: pconn_timeout
# Timeout for idle persistent connections to servers and other
# proxies.
#pconn_timeout 120 seconds

However, when I perform a simple test, the connection, although persistent,
closes after 15 seconds.

Why could this occur?

Any input greatly appreciated.