Re: [squid-users] Using squid with two connections to different WANs

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:02:35 -0600

Unfortunately this isn't really a very similar problem to the original
question in this thread. In his case, he needed to select the route
based on the destination--that is easy, and requires no intervention by
Squid. Routing tables are designed for configuring the best way to
reach a given destination and that's what he wanted to do.

In your case, you want to select route based on the source address,
which is much more complicated when going through a proxy because by the
time it is leaving the proxy all requests have the same source address.
  You will want to look into the ToS options in Squid 2.5+.

Edward Millington wrote up how he used these features for his
satellite+landline network. You can find the information about tos
features here:

http://squid.sourceforge.net/tosaddracl/

Good luck!

--