[squid-users] Re: Avoiding proxy cascade

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:49:09 +0100

Not easily. Only using user based authentication can help.

The best solution is to enforce a clear policy of use, and reprimand the
ones not following the policy (i.e. the ones installing such proxies,
and perhaps even the ones making use of it)

Technology can only provide hints on when such things happens by logging
the activity and allowing you to statistically filter out suspect
users/stations.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer