Re: [squid-users] Instant Messenger Server Information

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:46:33 -0600

Serge Bianda wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
> I have an informational question which is not squid related, but since all
> of us (I assume) use Linux,

Incorrect assumption. Squid runs on all major Unices and Win32
platforms. I wouldn't even be willing to wager that the majority of
Squid users are using Linux.

> I thought it would not hurt anyone if I ask my
> question. Ok here is the question: Can anyone in this list tell me or point
> me where I can get an Instant messenger or chat server for Linux (either
> commercial or freeware). I tried to check with AOL, but I did not see any
> instant messenger server on their site just the client (how sad).
> Regards,
> Serge

Freshmeat is probably a good place to go for questions of this sort.
Mailing lists for instant messaging client software would probably also
be a good place to start such a search.

A search on freshmeat for "instant messaging server" turns up quite a
few promising items.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com