[squid-users] Preferred storage mechanism under Linux

From: Daniel Baldoni <dbaldoni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:22:02 +0800

G'day folks,

A client has installed RedHat 7.2 on a 256MB, 333MHz Pentium II to act as a
Squid proxy. Yes, I know the choice of OS and hardware aren't optimal but
it's what they had laying around.

Anyhow, my question is "which storage technique do people recommend under
Linux?". On Solaris, I usually go with aufs but I'm unsure as to the thread
stability of RedHat (never had cause to test it). Is diskd a better choice
than ufs?

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ciao.

--
Daniel Baldoni BAppSc, PGradDipCompSci                 |  Technical Director