Re: [squid-users] questions about squid

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:43:58 +0000 (GMT)

hi Gary..

what u are asking abt is called masquerading.. where u
use NAT to access the net... u use RFC 1918 IPs behind
your firewall, e.g 192.168.0.0/24 and use a UNIX
server with IPChains or IPTables, or IPFW and NATD on
FreeBSD, to access the net...

this usually has nothing to do with squid.. as it's
handled by these modules in the kernel... squid will
only help u cache the websites users behind your
firewall access, but will not be directly involved in
your masquerading requirements...

good luck.. AKNIT

 --- Gary Myers <gmyers_az@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello,