Re: [squid-users] Where in the OSI/ISO layer stays it?

From: Jan Rasmussen <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:22:46 +0100

Hi!
> I'm thinking about where to place "squid" in the ISO/OSI layer. Is it
> correct putting it into the "application level", the one which stays on
> top of all other layers???

Yes. HTTP is in the Application Layer. In the TCP/IP Stack there is usually
no Presentation or Session Layer, so the Applicatio Layer interfaces
directly with the Application Layer. In DARPA (which became the Internet)
lingo this layer is called the Process Layer if I remember right.

Best Regards

Jan Rasmussen