Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.4 rpm for RedHat 6.2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:59:27 +0100

Get the source RPM, and run

  rpm --rebuild ...

Or get the latest RH 6.2 Squid source RPM, and upgrade it to the
current Squid version. (probably better, as the way init scripts etc
works has changed a lot in RH Linux since 6.2)

Or install Squid from the source tarball provided on the Squid site
and it's mirrors.

General guide how to upgrade a Source RPM:

1. Install the source RPM
2. Download the new sources (tarball)
3. Edit the SPEC file of the package
4. Rebuild the package using "rpm -ba package.spec".
5. Install the created binary RPM.

Anyone using a distribution no longer actively maintained by the
distributor, or needing to run later components than normally
distributed in the pre-packaged OS distribution sooner or later need
to learn the above steps to maintain their installation.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 16.52, Serge Bianda wrote:
> Hello there:
> Can anyone point me to squid 2.4 rpm package for RedHat Linux 6.2.
> (I tried rpmfind.net, but it only has the package for 7.x). I do
> have the source code for 7.2 but I need some help compiling it to
> run off my 6.2 (Any suggestion in that matter will be more than
> welcome).
>
> Regards,
> Serge

available on request