Re: [squid-users] realaudio

From: Guy Dawson <guy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:03:05 +0000

dhana krishnan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> How to disable realaudio applications like radio
> tuner ,etc... ? My aim to block those urls .
> I'm using squid as a proxy.
> plz help me asap .
>
> Thanks In Advance,
> -dhana

AFAIK realaudio data streams don't use HTTP but a realaudio protocol on
a different TCP or UDP port. You could block these at your firewall.

Blocking .ram files in squid might work though as these files are handed
over to the realaudio player. The tell the player where the actual
streaming audio is to be found.

Guy
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy Dawson I.T. Manager Crossflight Ltd
guy@crossflight.co.uk 07973 797819 01753 776104

This email contains the views and opinions of a Crossflight Limited
employee and at this stage are in no way a direct representation of
Crossflight Limited.

the system manager. To ensure the integrity and appropriate use of
its email system, Crossflight Limited reserves the right to examine
any email held on its email system or sent to or from it.

We strongly recommend that you check this email with your own virus
software as Crossflight Limited will not be held responsible for any
damage caused by viruses as a result of opening this mail.