Re: [squid-users] Redirect via IP

From: Peter Arnold <arnoldpj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:13:15 +1000

> Lee Norvall wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> We have a customer that has multiply sites. We provide each
> site Internet access and use squid to cache.
> The customer wants to host a MS proxy server with us to filter there
> own Internet access.
>
> Is it possible for our squid to redirect all traffic to the MS Proxy
> server for a certain IP address range??
> And if so how, ideas would be very helpful.
>
> Lee

You might want to look at setting up ACL's for the client IP ranges and
apply them to the cache_peer_access directive.

Somthing like
acl client-hosts src x.x.x.x/y.y.y.y

cache_peer_access other_proxies allow !client-hosts
cache_peer_access client_proxy allow client-hosts

This obviously needs tidying up and playing with but it should work.

However I agree with Colin in that it is probably better ot point the
said clients at MSproxy and then point it at squid.

HTH

--
Peter Arnold