[squid-users] eating cpu

From: Kancha . <kancha2np@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:59:12 -0800 (PST)

I'm using squid as a transparent proxy on a RH 7.2
machine. The hardware that i'm using is Dell Power
Edge 2300 with 256Mb Ram and 6GB HDD. I've allocated
2G for cache. I've 8M and cache_mem and I'm also
running named on the server.

Average requests / hr through the proxy is around
22000. After about 2 hours the cpu is utilized more
than 90% and the system gets really slow. The browsing
get really slow. Despite the available bandwidth the
browsing speed drastically decreases.

Where have i gone wrong ?? I'm using ipchains and
redirecting all my web traffic throuh the router.

Under this circumstance what would be the idle
configuration ??