[squid-users] Web Page loads hang!

From: Bill Updegraff <bupdegraff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:34:52 -0900

Folks,

I am in the process of trying to bring up web caching on our Linux-based Sun
Microsystems Qube3. I am both a Linux and Squid newbie. I assume that
Squid is being used for the web caching.

When I bring web caching up, web pages hang after the first loading burst.
For instance, the New York Times home page loads some text almost
immediately but hangs indicating 31 additional items need to load. They
don't load. If I turn caching off the pages do not hang.

Do you have any thoughts about what might be happening and how I could
correct it? My original problem with the Qube3 was the MTU packet size
parameter which I increased on the Qube3 to 1500 for my dialup link. Sun
says that MTU must be much smaller, something like 587.

-Bill

Bill Updegraff
Computer Systems Administrator
Alaska Bible College