Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy - help

From: Visolve.com <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:03:58 +0530

Hello Erick A. Perez H.,

Configuring squid in Transparent Mode :

Squid can be configured to act transparently. In this mode , clients are not
required to configure their browsers to access the cache,but Squid will
transparently pick up the appropriate packets and cache requests.

To Run Squid in a Transparent mode, enable the following directives in
squid.conf .

        httpd_accel_host virtual
        httpd_accel_port 80
        httpd_accel_with_proxy on
        httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

     For more information, have a look at
http://www.visolve.com/images/wptrcache.pdf .

Note : you have to use any firewall configuration(like ipchains for< 2.4
kernel, iptables for 2.4 series... )for transparent redirection .

HTH .

Regards,
-Kanchana
www.visolve.com