Re: [squid-users] IDE HardDisk

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:39:52 +0000 (GMT)

you can actually use an IDE hard disk and get some
good speeds, even comparable to SCSI disks.. it's all
in the disk driver... what u will need is 80-pin UDMA
cable, and a hard disk that supports UDMA [Ultra
Direct Memory Access].. and most importantly, u will
need some IDE controllers that can support UDMA... up
to at least mode 4, which can take you up to 133Mbps
transfer rate.. u can get these kinds of speeds, but u
will need to have some kind of mini-port driver that
will talk to your computer's chipset...

once u have this, you system will, at times, pick up
the disk as a SCSI disk..

good luck..

AKNIT

--- jhorton@equiinet.com wrote: > I use an ide disk -