[squid-users] question about 2 NT groups access control

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:08:39 +0100

Hi,

I have a question regarding authenticating 2 NT groups with smb_auth to
access the Internet.
I have one group with full access TNL#INTERNET, this groups has rights on
proxyauth and it works ok. I also have a second group with restricted access
only to some domains. The members of these groups are put in a text file on
my linux box using rpcclient command (format domain\user). This group has no
rights to this proxyauth.
None of these users can get access to those domains.

I configured it like this in squid.conf :
#Authentication ->
auth_param basic program /opt/squid/libexec/squid/smb_auth -W DOMAIN
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching webserver
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
authenticate_ttl 3600 minutes

#ACCES CONTROL ->
acl internetacl proxy_auth REQUIRED

# Modification
acl restricted-sites dstdomain "/var/squid/auth/restricted-sites"
acl restricted-users proxy_auth "/var/squid/auth/restricted-users"

Can somebody give me some advice about what might be wrong in this
configuration?

BR,
./koen