[squid-users] Connectivity-problems squid and pppoe (DSL)

From: Minzenmay, Marcus <Marcus.Minzenmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:17:39 +0100

Hi Squid-Users,

I am using Squid 2.3 with Suse-Linux 7.3 .
The configuration worked fine with ISDN but since I am using DSL, once a
browser-session connected to squid has ran into the timeout defined in
squid.conf, it cannot reconnect to the Internet. Also any new browser
opened from any machine in my lan cannot connect to the internet.

I have talked to Suse about that, and they recommendet to upgrade from
kernel 2.4.10 to 2.4.16 - what I did yesterday. But that did not change
anything. While sqid does not, all other services using the internet
like email do
work fine.

Any Idear ?

Thank you in advance,