[squid-users] Caching takes days to initalize?

From: <lucas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:34:08 -0800

I have set up the latest stable squid release on a FreeBSD 4.4 system. I had it working on a local network for
testing purposes, but it had been configured for several days before it actually started caching. Now I have
moved the machine to another location, with a new IP address. I changed all of my ipnat rules & etc
appropriately, and it has been there for almost 48 hours now. It still hasn't started caching, but I know that
the router sees it. The Cisco 2600 that I am using wccp on sees it and says that it is usable. I have a feeling it
will suddenly start working after a couple more days, but I'm not sure. All the configuration and debugging info
I have checked looks good. Does anyone have a clue as to why this might happen?

Lucas