[squid-users] Multiple parent proxies based on destination url?

From: Collier, Stuart <stuart.collier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 11:02:44 -0000

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to have multiple parents configured,
selection of which based upon destination URL.

Our existing set-up comprises several squid servers, with a commercial URL
filtering system configured as the parent. Unfortunately, due to
a sudden increase in web usage, the commercial servers can't cope with the
number of requests being thrown at them.

If possible we would like to configure squid to pass requests for
(hopefully) 'clean' sites (eg *.bbc.co.uk, *.gov.uk) to another proxy which
doesn't URL filter.

Any ideas gratefully received - We are testing with 2.5pre3.

Thanks,

Stuart.