[squid-users] Transparent Proxies + Problems

From: neil d. quiogue <neil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:17:37 +0800 (HKT)

Greetings,

This was raised before (after searching the archives) but I haven't seen a
good resolution to the problem.

There was a problem before that squid acting as a proxy/cache for a
redirector (like an L4 switch) to provide transparent proxying. There had
been problems wherein users are not able to access some services like the
LiveUpdate from McAfee (and some online games). Aside from configuring
the L4 switch, is there anyway to configure it in Squid instead? My worry
is that we would then have to keep track of these sites regularly and
update the L4 switch.

As an aside, I'm seeing a Forwarding Loop (changed some information
accordingly):