[squid-users] DNS issue

From: Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:01:54 -0700

We've been using squid on the Mandrake Linux box with no problem. We haven't
mad any configuration changes for quite some time, but have started seeing
the following in the logs:
Feb 5 13:43:21 omega (squid): Could not find any nameservers. Please check
your /etc/resolv.conf file or use the 'dns_nameservers' option in squid.conf.

Because of our remote location, we are on a dialup connection and are
assuming that squid is complaining because of no DNS prior to the dialup
connection. Since we do not use squid for local connections, would it make
more sense to start squid from ip-up.local rather than starting it at boot?

--
Robin Lynn Frank
Director of Operations