[squid-users] Http Req/sec Once more

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:25:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi all and joe especially

joe, i remember u giving me approximate statistics abt the capacity in terms of
req/sec for a T1 line
in myscenario i am connected to my upstream via a E1 (2.048 Mbps)
my clients connect to me via leasedlines
i have oversold my E1 capacity ( like all good ISPs ;-) abt 2 times to abt 5
so will the statistics change in terms of req/sec that the cache will receive
sorry for being so dumb. once more ...
one more thing
 commercial boxes like cisco, netcache etc give statisctics in terms of
connections/sec that the box can handle

my linux box has time-wait period of 60s
tcp_max_syn_backlog = 8192
local_port_range 1025 64000

how can i calculate the number of simultaneous connections that this squid box
can sustain for web traffic ..assuming that only squid runs on the box

Do You Yahoo!?