[squid-users] Strange squid slowdown (not the usual memory prob it seems)

From: Bgs himself <bgs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:50:57 +0100 (MET)

 Hi !

 There is some strange slowdown on one of hour squid servers. When
downloading big objects, there is a slowdown at 58250K.
If I use wget, I experience the slowdown and after a certain time the
download continues as if nothing happened. The problem is that some
of the software the Windows users use drop the connection and are unable
to download those files. (The difference is probably due to some of the
insane Windows network timeouts).

 Has anyone experienced something like this ? Any ideas what to check ?

Thanks in advance
Bgs

My system info:

Linux 2.2.16