[squid-users] offline_mode troubles

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:20:53 -0800

I'm trying to set up Squid as a proxy server to reside on Win2k laptops of
my company's Sales staff, as a means of offline replication of site content.
I'm having trouble with "offline_mode on" because I still get Connection
Failed / (10065) Unknown Error with the Squid 2.3 STABLE4 binaries from
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~romeo/squidnt.htm

I've tried enabling offline_mode, and setting a very high netative_ttl and
negative_dns_ttl, but no luck on a page that is definitely cached and is
reported as a TCP_MEM_HIT in access.log when online...

What I really want is intermittent mode, similar to what is described at
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/08/02/offline_squid.html but
I'm looking to run this on Win2k.

Anybody have thoughts on what I should do? I'm used to using Squid as an
accelerator on Unix boxes, so this doing an offline cache on a Windows box
has me a bit baffled; am I missing something obvious?

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Sean

Sean Upton
Site Technology Supervisor