Re: [squid-users] offline_mode troubles

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:52:24 +0100

Hi,

Il 22.20 08/02/2002 sean.upton@uniontrib.com ha scritto:
>I'm trying to set up Squid as a proxy server to reside on Win2k laptops of
>my company's Sales staff, as a means of offline replication of site content.
>I'm having trouble with "offline_mode on" because I still get Connection
>Failed / (10065) Unknown Error with the Squid 2.3 STABLE4 binaries from
>http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~romeo/squidnt.htm

This is a very outdated binary build of SquidNT.
You can find the latest here: http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT.htm

>I've tried enabling offline_mode, and setting a very high netative_ttl and
>negative_dns_ttl, but no luck on a page that is definitely cached and is
>reported as a TCP_MEM_HIT in access.log when online...
>
>What I really want is intermittent mode, similar to what is described at
>http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/08/02/offline_squid.html but
>I'm looking to run this on Win2k.

At this moment SquidNT doesn't support the previous patch because there are
some problems to test the network interface status. If you can help in the
testing phase, I can try make the patch works.

Guido

>Anybody have thoughts on what I should do? I'm used to using Squid as an
>accelerator on Unix boxes, so this doing an offline cache on a Windows box
>has me a bit baffled; am I missing something obvious?
>
>Any thoughts would be appreciated,
>Sean
>
>=========================
>Sean Upton
>Site Technology Supervisor
>Development & Integration
>SignOnSanDiego.com
>The San Diego Union-Tribune
>619.718.5241
>sean.upton@uniontrib.com

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it